Wages will vary based on the project nation, the economy, and their actual position with us. For example, managers will make more than seasonal workers, who are hired part-time to help with the increased planting load. Typically, the wages are enough for tree planters to become solid members of the upper-middle class within their society. This can be life changing because most of the people we hire have never had a cash-paying job in their lives.
On the other hand, the trees result in a lot of cost savings, including (but not limited to):
- Regenerating the soil, so farmers can save money on fertilizer.
- Saving money on fodder, as leaves are used as animal feed.
- Saving money on fuel wood,as they are growing it themselves.
- Mango trees yield fruit,resulting in money saved on food.
- If they harvest a surplus of any of these, they can sell to make profit.