How much does someone make planting trees in these areas?
Wages will vary based on the project nation, the economy, and their actual position with us. For example, managers will make more than seasonal workers, who are hired part-time to help with the increased planting load.
Typically, the wages are enough for tree planters to become solid members of the upper-middle class within their society. This can be life changing because most of the people we hire have never had a cash-paying job in their lives.
On the other hand, the trees result in a lot of cost savings, including (but not limited to):
- Regenerating the soil, so farmers can save money on fertilizer.
- Saving money on fodder, as leaves are used as animal feed.
- Saving money on fuel wood,as they are growing it themselves.
- Mango trees yield fruit,resulting in money saved on food.
- If they harvest a surplus of any of these, they can sell to make profit.