How much does someone make planting trees in these areas?
The wages are enough for planters to become solid members of the upper-middle class within their society in terms of income. Most of the people we hire have never had a cash-paying job in their lives. Wages will vary based on the project nation, the economy, and their actual position with us. On the other hand, the forests planted result in enormous non-monetary benefits that improve the livelihoods of local communities, including:
- Regeneration of the soil so it is more fertile for crops
- Leaves can be used as animal feed
- Fuelwood can be harvested from forests sustainably
- Some trees yield fruit which can be eaten or sold
- Restored habitat for animals to return to the area which can be hunted and eaten or sold
- Coastline stabilization and buffering to protect communities from flooding
For more information and some of the benefits that apply to specific sites, you can check out our planting pages for in-depth descriptions!